It’s the Year of the Rooster!
What will you be crowing about by this time next year??
Last Tuesday 12/27 we had a wonderful mini-retreat day at Lyn Scott’s waterfront house “Ducks.” It was such a balmy day that several of us wrote outside on the deck, listening to the ducks and swans enjoying their day splashing about.
We shared our plans and dreams for the new year of writing ahead, and created a talisman that would be a symbol of our commitment to our work.
Plan for Success in 2017
Just because you weren’t there doesn’t mean you can’t share in the process. Here are the questions we asked and answered in our Year Ahead retreat day:
- What went well for you and your writing in 2016?
- Did you meet the goals you had for the year?
- List the writing projects you currently have.
– Review and report on each one.
– Now prioritize them for 2017.
- What new project is calling to you? Name it, and place it in your 2017 Priority list.
- Choose an object – something to keep in your pocket or on your desk, and didicate it to your writing goals for 2017. Hold it in your hands, see your work accomplished! Then keep it as your touchstone to remind you of your goals.
- Set specific goals for the first 2 months of 2017. What will you have accomplished by Feb. 28, 2017?
- Make an Artist’s Date* with yourself that feeds your creativity. The Artist’s Date is assigned play, you are wooing your Muse. Click the link to learn more.
There you have it! I recommend you post your answers to your own blog, or submit it here to share with your community.
AWWG will host another Retreat Day in early March, and we’ll see how it’s going! Meanwhile, pick up your pen, stretch your typing fingers and happy writing!