The Women’s Pages will be two years old
on May 17, 2014!
In honor of our successful toddlerhood, I announce the first annual Birthday Fiction Writing Challenge. I hope everyone will play along, it’s really fun!
Here’s how it works:
- You must sign up on or before May 12, our next meeting. Sign up by commenting to this post with the phrase “I’m taking the Challenge!”
- Assignments will be sent out May 17th, 2014, our 2nd Birthday!
- Your story will be due on or before 1:00 pm, June 9, 2014 (date of June meeting)
- Your story must be at least 500 words and no more than 2, 000 words (@ 2-8 pages)
- Any fictional subject* is fine, as long as it includes your prompt words.
- Your prompt will be assigned individually, three items chosen at random from this table:
|01.||First kiss||02.||Final||03.||Numb||04.||Broken wings||05.||Melody|
|016.||Endless sorrow||017.||Fireworks||018.||Wishing||019.||Happy birthday to you||020.||Tomorrow|
One or more independent judges will review the submissions, and prizes will be awarded!
Questions? Concerns? email patrise with anything you need to know, or ask in the comments and maybe someone has already answered your query.